The significance of the role played by Public Enterprises in any country, particularly in the developing ones, can hardly be over emphasized. Public enterprises, as a form of business organisation have attained a great deal of significance in recent times. Across the globe, public expectations and priorities are changing and along with it, the need to proactively and dynamically adopt new practices and technologies.
Creation of employment opportunities has always been a key point of focus for the PSEs. However, over the years certain other concepts like Corporate Governance, CSR, Sustainability, and Technological innovation & Best Practices have steadily established themselves as key factors in mapping the credibility of public enterprises. Even with increasing global competition, many of the Indian CPSEs have carved out a niche for themselves and established their brand equity in the global space.
The PSE Excellence Awards is an initiative by Indian Chamber of Commerce, since 2010, to acknowledge the game changers who have contributed immensely in shaping up the Indian economy and congratulate them for their contribution.
Jury of PSE Excellence Awards
- Mr TNR Rao, Former Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India
- Mr Bhaskar Chatterjee, Director General & CEO, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- Mr Alok Perti, Advisor (Coal), Ministry of Coal, Government of India
- Ms Deepa Gupta, FCA
- Mr R S Sharma, Former Chairman and Managing Director, ONGC
- Mr Ashish Bhattacharyya, Former Professor, IIM Kolkata
- Dr Uddesh Kohli, Former Advisor, Planning Commission
- Dr Pritam Singh, Director General, International Management Institute, New Delhi
- Mr M A Pathan, Former Chairman, IOCL
- Mr H L Zutshi, Former Chairman and Managing Director, HPCL
- Mr J V Ramamurthy, President and Chief Operating Officer, HCL
ICC confer awards on following categories under two sections – Maharatnas & Navratnas and Miniratnas & Others
- Operational Performance Excellence
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resources Management Excellence
- R&D & Technology development
- CSR & Sustainability
- Best Turnaround
- Innovation in Business
- Company of the year